Electronic Dab Rings
Often referred to as "E-Rigs" - electric dab rigs are vaporizer devices that use an electric or battery powered heat source (as opposed to the traditional butane dab torch) with a ceramic or quartz heating coil and traditional glass percolator or mouthpiece - to offer a super portable and easy way to dab.
We've come a long way since pure glass dab rigs. While many still love the classic borosilicate glass mini rigs with quartz bangers or other dab nails, many are now choosing a new generation of hybrid or electronic powered dab rigs.
The key benefits are:
With these key benefits we are seeing a continued trend toward smaller and smaller E-Rigs to further meet and exceed these benefits. One of our Newest items the Qomo X-Max Wax Vaporizer Electric Rig is a prime example.
Qomo X-Max E-Rig
The Qomo X-Max e-rig is quite possible the tiniest pint size rig ever! The X-Max is quite petite and aimed towards those who prioritize portability-it's pocket size, easily portable design and an affordable entry level price so you can dip your toes into the e-rig arena without breaking the bank! The Qomo X-Max is definitely aimed at beginner dabbers or those that want the portability.
The QOMO is compatible with 18mm male joint bubblers, Sporting a 1350mAh battery cell that provides 10-15 sessions per charge giving you that portability and lightweight to fit in your pocket. The atomizer coil is designed to last up to 6 months.
Despite the small size, this little rig packs a huge punch. The clouds are thick and the ceramic bucket atomizer tastes good, although it can have a subtle burnt flavor after heavy use. The QOMO only takes a few seconds to preheat - it’s ready to use at a moment’s notice. The 20-second session timer offers quick and easy sessions so you can take a quick draw while on the go.
Choosing The Temp is worth a discussion. The ceramic bucket used in the QOMO’s atomizer gets a little warm during use, and the higher temps can introduce a slightly burnt flavor. For flavor chasers, QOMO recommends sticking to the lowest temperature (White), while those looking for a bigger cloud may prefer to jump up to Green or Red.
How to use your new QOMO
- The QOMO bubbler only needs a small amount of water to function. In order to fill it up, I recommend using a slight trickle from your sink’s tap. Only fill up to the red fill line - if you fill over that line, the bubbler may splash during use. Once your bubbler is filled, place it back on the device and load the bucket with your material.
- Once your material is loaded, place the carb cap on the vapor dome and power it on with three clicks to the power button. The device’s charging light will flash to show the charge level, and the power level light below the bubbler will begin to glow.
- Press the power button twice in order to change the power level on the QOMO, and the power light beneath the bubbler will change colors to reflect the power level. Once you’ve selected your temperature, click the button once to start the heating cycle.
- The power light will pulse a few times during pre-heat, then will change to a solid color to signal that it’s ready to use. Take a draw using a slow, sipping style technique for the best results.
How to Rip the QOMO:
- Be sure to Q-tip the bucket after every session. A clean bucket will always produce the best flavor, so be sure to wipe out any excess residue after a session with a cotton swab. We recommend using Sap Swabs to keep your atomizer clean as a whistle.
- The QOMO works best with smaller loads. I recommend loading just enough material for one session to avoid overloading the device.
- Use a small amount of water in the bubbler - follow the red fill line as a guide. The best way to fill the bubbler is to remove it from the device, then use a very slight trickle of water from the tap to fill it.
- A slow, “sipping” style pull works best with the QOMO. If you pull too hard, you can potentially cause the material to splash over the walls of the bucket.
- There are three heating levels on the QOMO: white is the lowest, green is the medium level, and red is the highest heat setting.
How To Clean the QOMO:
- Cleaning the QOMO is super simple! You can use isopropyl alcohol to clean the glass bubbler and glass vapor dome.
- Alcohol on a paper towel is perfect for wiping down the coil and carb cap, and you can place a drop or two of alcohol on a Q-tip to clean out the vapor path in the device.
- Pour a little alcohol into the bubbler and shake it to clean it out. Rinse with water a few times to get all the alcohol out.
- Be sure to allow everything to thoroughly air dry before reassembling the device. If it’s still not working, replace your atomizer and test the unit again. If that fixes everything up, the first coil is likely faulty and can be properly disposed of.
- If the bubbler light is blinking red three times, it’s possibly a bad connection with the atomizer. Remove your coil and thoroughly clean your QOMO, taking extra care to clean the threads and contact points of the atomizer.
- If the light above the USB-C port is blinking red, your QOMO needs to be charged. Plug it into a USB-C cable for 1-2 hours in order to fully charge the device - the light will blink while charging, and then will glow green when your vape is done charging.